Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 6 EOC: Jobs in advertising

When it comes down to visualizing myself working with an advertising agency, I tend to envision my future with the creatives of the company. The copywriter position involves being creative and innovative at a moment's notice. Something about the pressure of trying to decide what would be the best slogan or title for any given product gives me a thrill when I think about it. Eventually I would become a senior creative, due to the time given and invested in my work, and that would just be the  next step in my long-term career goal. Some requirements for this creative position involve being good at grammar, spelling, and having "resilience and the ability to cope with criticism of your work." These simple requirements fit my idea of a perfect job position. I am already crazy about proper grammar and how words should be properly spelled. Constructive criticism is something that I thrive on. Any way that will help me become better at what I do is never taken for granted. All it does is compel me to produce better ideas. The writing skills involved in this job are another plus for me. I can write an essay out of practically nothing, it is just the way that I have been educated to write. One very important skill that I would have to work on, is the fact that I need to learn to convince a complete stranger into believing what I want them to. This is why constructive criticism exists, so I can become better at what I do. Starting at this very moment, I probably could not convince many people into buying something. However, with time and experience, I will eventually become a force to be reckoned with. 












https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/pages/advertisingcopywriter.aspx#sthash.AD7hjbsm.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment